ExaGrid Named 2012 Best Channel Vendor by Business Solutions’ VAR Subscribers
Westborough, MA — Feb. 2, 2012 — ExaGrid® Systems, Inc., the leader in cost-effective and scalable disk-based backup solutions with data deduplication, was named by Business Solutions magazine’s (BSM) VAR subscribers as one of the Best Channel Vendors in 2012. This designation came as a result of a web-based survey distributed by Business Solutions for its VAR subscribers, which was conducted in partnership with Penn State University to ensure statistical accuracy.
ExaGrid received a total 4.52 score out of 5 in the seven categories posed to vendor partners: service and support, channel loyalty, channel program, product features, product reliability, product innovation and VAR margins. ExaGrid scored the highest for its channel program (4.54) and product reliability (4.58).
In the last year, ExaGrid added more than 100 new reseller partners to its program, which expanded the base of ExaGrid partners to nearly 500 VARs worldwide. This growth can be attributed in part to the many investments and innovations the company has made in channel sales and marketing to enable partners’ success, which include industry-leading margins and sales incentives, a deal registration program that rewards VARs who proactively promote ExaGrid, extensive sales and technical training, field pre-sales support, and joint marketing programs.Supporting Quotes
- Nick Ganio, Vice President of Sales for ExaGrid Systems: “Being named a 2012 Best Channel Vendor by VAR subscribers of Business Solutions is a great honor, and it further reminds us of the importance of our growing channel partnerships. We are continually striving to enhance our channel relationships by providing our resellers with the best disk backup with deduplication solution, along with tools, training, support and incentives that make it easy to sell our products. As a result of our strong channel, more and more IT users are getting faster, more reliable backups with ExaGrid and benefiting from the only disk backup with deduplication system optimized for performance, scalability, and price.”
Important Features and Benefits of the ExaGrid EX Series Appliance
ExaGrid's unique approach to disk-based backup delivers unparalleled performance and scalability without requiring costly forklift upgrades as data grows. ExaGrid customers achieve the fastest backup times because data is written directly to disk, data deduplication is performed post-process after the data is stored but most importantly ExaGrid adds full servers which include processor, memory, disk and bandwidth versus just adding disk.
ExaGrid’s disk backup system with data deduplication supports the industry’s leading backup applications and utilities, including CA ARCserve, CommVault Simpana, EMC NetWorker, HP Data Protector, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Idera SQLsafe, Linux/Unix File System Data Dumps, LiteSpeed for SQL Server, Microsoft SQL dump, Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), Quest vRanger, Red Gate SQL Backup, Symantec Backup Exec and NetBackup, Veeam Backup & Replication, and VMware Backup.
- ExaGrid’s Customer Success Stories
- Video Testimonials from ExaGrid Customers
- ExaGrid YouTube Channel
- ExaGrid on LinkedIn
- ExaGrid’s Eye on Deduplication blog
- Twitter newsfeed – @ExaGrid
ExaGrid offers the only disk-based backup appliance with data deduplication purpose-built for backup that leverages a unique architecture optimized for performance, scalability and price. The combination of post-process deduplication, most recent backup cache, and GRID scalability enables IT departments to achieve the shortest backup window and the fastest, most reliable restores, tape copy, and disaster recovery without performance degradation or forklift upgrades as data grows. With offices and distribution worldwide, ExaGrid has more than 4,000 systems installed at more than 1,200 customers, and 270 published customer success stories.For more information, contact ExaGrid at 800-868-6985 or visit www.exagrid.com. Visit “ExaGrid’s Eye on Deduplication” blog: http://blog.exagrid.com/.
###ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.