ExaGrid Posts Seventh Consecutive Record Sales Year in 2012 Fueled by Growing Demand for Scalable Disk Backup
Westborough, Mass., Jan. 22, 2013 – ExaGrid Systems, Inc. (www.exagrid.com) the leader in scalable and cost-effective disk-based backup solutions with data deduplication, today announced another record sales year in 2012 as the demand for grid-based, scalable disk backup systems with data deduplication continued to grow. This marked the seventh consecutive year of annual growth for ExaGrid. The company grew its worldwide customer base to more than 5,200 installations at more than 1,600 customers.
In addition to the strong sales, ExaGrid continued executing in many important areas in 2012, including the following:
Growing Global Market Share: With more than 1,600 customers in North America, EMEA, and the Asia-Pacific region and more than 5,200 customer installations, ExaGrid has the largest installed base of GRID-scalable disk backup with deduplication appliances in the mid-market and small enterprise.
The company also expanded its worldwide network of value-added resellers to more than 500, which has led to increasing sales in the EMEA and Asia Pacific markets. ExaGrid signed new reseller or distributor agreements in South Africa, the Middle East, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, and Malaysia.
- Industry Recognition: ExaGrid received several important industry accolades in 2012, including the following:
- Storage Magazine awarded ExaGrid their ‘Value for Money’ product of the year award at the magazine’s annual awards ceremony.
- Computer Reseller News named ExaGrid to its Data Center 100 list of top technology solution providers to the data center provider community
- InfoWorld’s Test Center reviewed ExaGrid’s EX Series in 2012 and gave it a score of 9.1 out of 10 “Excellent,” which is the fourth highest score of any product reviewed by InfoWorld in 2012. InfoWorld’s Matt Prigge wrote that “not all backup appliances are created equal” and ExaGrid’s unique architecture placed it “in a class of its own.”
- Storage Magazine/searchstorage.com named ExaGrid’s EX13000E a finalist for its “Product of the Year” award
- Business Solutions named ExaGrid a 2012 Best Channel Vendor as voted by the magazine’s VAR subscribers
Product Enhancements: ExaGrid announced important product upgrades, including the following:
- Universal Backup Share: ExaGrid in December introduced Universal Backup Share, a product feature that makes ExaGrid the only vendor to combine generic backup application support with a GRID-based, scalable architecture that allows customers to keep adding nodes to accommodate more data, avoiding a forklift upgrade.
- SecureErase: ExaGrid in April introduced a new SecureErase feature to permanently and safely delete confidential data from disk following the backup process.
Growing Customer Base: Among the hundreds of new customers added in 2012 are the following industry leaders: Associated Press, Bollinger Insurance, Department of Justice, Goodwill Industries, the Salvation Army, City of Los Angeles, NASA, Rush Memorial Hospital, The Brinks Company, University of New Hampshire, and Yamaha Motor Manufacturing.
ExaGrid also reached a milestone of 300 published customer case studies in August 2012, and exceeded 320 by the end of the year. ExaGrid is the only backup vendor to reach this milestone and the only IT vendor with 300 published testimonials for a single product solution.
Strengthened Industry Partnerships: ExaGrid further expanded industry partnerships in 2012:
- Veeam Software: ExaGrid continued to expand on the industry-leading technical integration with Veeam and also announced that an increasing number of companies are leveraging ExaGrid’s disk-based backup with deduplication system and Veeam Software’s virtual server data protection solutions to achieve faster backups and instant virtual machine recovery.
- Unitrends: ExaGrid and Unitrends, Inc. announced a partnership in July 2012 that will enable mid-sized enterprises to address today’s heterogeneous IT environments and the sprawl associated with data growth.
- Bill Andrews, president and CEO for ExaGrid Systems: “The fact that we’ve achieved seven consecutive years of growth speaks to the strength of ExaGrid’s technology, compelling differentiators over other disk backup systems, and world-class customer support. More and more customers are recognizing that disk backup with deduplication is not simply a feature but rather a very complicated challenge that requires a purpose-built backup system. They are also realizing that only ExaGrid’s scale-out GRID architecture with a landing zone shortens backup windows permanently, avoids costly forklift upgrades as data grows, delivers the fastest restores of full systems, and performs instant recovery of files, VMs and objects in minutes instead of hours with other solutions. We’re excited to carry over this momentum into 2013.”
ExaGrid offers the only disk-based backup appliance with data deduplication purpose-built for backup that leverages a unique architecture optimized for performance, scalability and price. ExaGrid is the only solution that combines compute with capacity and a unique landing zone to permanently shorten backup windows, eliminate expensive forklift upgrades, achieve the fastest full system restores and tape copies, and rapidly restore files, VMs and objects in minutes. With offices and distribution worldwide, ExaGrid has more than 5,200 systems installed at more than 1,600 customers, and more than 320 published customer success stories.
For more information, contact ExaGrid at 800-868-6985 or visit www.exagrid.com. Visit “ExaGrid’s Eye on Deduplication” blog: http://blog.exagrid.com/.