Customers Turn to ExaGrid for Scalability and Performance, from the
Only Vendor that Designs Backup Solutions from a Backup Perspective,
rather than a Storage Perspective
Westborough, Mass., October 7, 2014 – ExaGrid Systems, a leading provider of disk-based backup solutions, has announced its most successful quarter to date with record revenue in Q3 2014 while marking the company’s third consecutive quarter as both cash and P&L positive.
“The market is really starting to understand what sets ExaGrid apart from other vendors, specifically the backup performance and restore performance advantages of the ExaGrid landing zone and scale-out GRID architecture,” said Bill Andrews, CEO of ExaGrid Systems. “2014 will be a record revenue year for the company, and we expect to be both cash and P&L positive for the year overall, and also for each individual quarter.”
In addition to these financial milestones, ExaGrid led the industry in Q3 2014 with many other accomplishments, across three key categories:
- Industry Momentum and Recognition
- Signed its 2000th customer, adding to the roster of organizations around the world that rely on ExaGrid’s backup solutions every day.
- Positioned in the Visionaries quadrant of Gartner’s first “Magic Quadrant for Deduplication Backup Target Appliances.” i
- Released version 4.7 of its software with 14 appliances in a single GRID and 16 sites in a major data center cross-protection topology.
- Awarded its seventh U.S. patent for “Method and Apparatus for Content-Aware and Adaptive Deduplication.” The new technology performs deduplication and replication in parallel with nightly backups.
- Partnerships & Support
- Expanded its partnership with Veeam, introducing the integrated ExaGrid-Veeam Accelerated Data Mover, which enables faster, more efficient backup and recovery of virtual machines (VMs) as well as synthetic fulls that are up to six times faster.
- Added support for four additional backup applications. ExaGrid now supports more than 25 backup applications, utilities, and database dumps.
ExaGrid is the only backup solution on the market that permanently fixes the backup window and offers the industry’s fastest restores.
“As data volumes continue to grow, we’re seeing a tremendous pickup in momentum, especially in larger deployments where customers have over 100TB of data to back up,” said Andrews. “For them, working with ExaGrid means having a fast and reliable backup storage solution that fixes the length of the backup window as the data grows.”
Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Organizations come to us because we are the only company that implemented deduplication in a way that fixed all the challenges of backup storage. ExaGrid’s unique landing zone and scale-out architecture provides the fastest backup — resulting in the shortest fixed backup window, the fastest local restores, fastest offsite tape copies and instant VM recoveries while permanently fixing the backup window length, all with reduced cost up front and over time. Learn how to take the stress out of backup at staging.exagrid.com or connect with us on LinkedIn. Read how ExaGrid customers fixed their backup forever.
Corporate Ink for ExaGrid Systems
i Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Deduplication Backup Target Appliances” by Pushan Rinnen, Dave Russell and Jimmie Chang, July 31, 2014.