Company surpasses 1,500 customers, with sales growth fueled by increasing need for customers to modernize backup systems
Westborough, Mass., Oct. 2, 2012 – ExaGrid Systems, Inc. (www.exagrid.com) the leader in scalable and cost-effective disk-based backup solutions with data deduplication, today announced that the company achieved a record quarter for sales and revenue in Q3 2012 and surpassed 1,500 customers. The continued growth has been driven by increasing demand for the company’s next generation GRID architecture-based disk backup system, which offers scalability and significant cost advantages over competing first generation backup systems.
ExaGrid further solidified its position as the leader in GRID-scalable disk backup systems with deduplication for the mid-market to small enterprise. Among the successes for ExaGrid in the fiscal quarter were the following:
- Growing Market Share Worldwide:
- Grew installed base to more than 1,500 customers in North America, EMEA, and the Asia-Pacific region, and more than 5,000 customer installations. ExaGrid has the largest installed base of GRID-scalable disk backup with deduplication appliances in the mid-market and small enterprise.
- The company announced that 50 companies and organizations previously using EMC Data Domain have selected ExaGrid to either replace their Data Domain system, or to handle new growth and projects where more cost effective scalability is needed.
- ExaGrid signed new customer agreements in Hong Kong, South Africa and the Middle East, continuing to grow its global footprint.
- ExaGrid now has 310 Customer Success Stories and video testimonials published on its website—a first in the storage industry. Among the new customer testimonials are Field Museum of Natural History, Keene State College, Health New England, University of Northern Iowa, and WeiserMazars LLP.
- More than half of ExaGrid’s new customers have eliminated tape completely and are replicating their data for disaster recovery purposes to an offsite ExaGrid appliance.
- Growth in Customers with Petabyte Levels of Data: ExaGrid continued growing its base of customers with large data sizes and demanding backup requirements that have turned to ExaGrid for faster backups and restores, along with seamless as data grows. Among these large data sized customers announced are Concur, a leading travel and expense management solutions provider, which stores 2.5 PB of data on its ExaGrid system, along with Aberdeen Asset Management PLC London, Connecticut State University System, Cox Communications, Hitachi Consulting, Massachusetts Port Authority, and Royal London Group, a mutual life and pensions company.
- Global Channel Growth: ExaGrid continued growing its global channel sales efforts, delivering 95 percent of the company’s business through channel partners, leading to growing sales in the EMEA and Asia Pacific markets. In addition, ExaGrid expanded its network of value-added resellers around the world to approximately 500.
- Strengthened Industry Partnerships: ExaGrid further expanded industry partnerships in Q3 2012:
- Veeam Software: ExaGrid announced that an increasing number of companies are leveraging ExaGrid’s disk-based backup with deduplication system and Veeam Software’s virtual server data protection solutions to achieve faster backups and instant virtual machine recovery. Among the companies using the joint ExaGrid-Veeam configuration are Hoffman Construction, American Standard, Luby’s Fuddruckers Restaurants LLC, and Poulin Grain, Inc.
- Unitrends: ExaGrid and Unitrends, Inc. announced a partnership in July 2012 that will enable mid-sized enterprises to address today’s heterogeneous IT environments and the sprawl associated with data growth. The seamless integration of Unitrends’ new software-only product, Unitrends Enterprise Backup™, and ExaGrid’s purpose-built disk-based backup appliance offers the industry’s best long-term and cost-effective solution to these scalability and complexity problems.
- Bill Andrews, president and CEO for ExaGrid Systems: “As a company, we’ve continued to be laser-focused on executing our global growth strategy, strengthening our position in in the disk-based backup with deduplication market, and growing our worldwide market presence. Another record quarter validates that ExaGrid’s unique architecture delivers exactly what customers and the marketplace are looking for in disk-based backup–permanently fast backups and restores, no forklift upgrades, and a low total systems cost to protect tight IT budgets as data grows.”
About ExaGrid’s Technology:
The ExaGrid system is a plug-and-play disk backup appliance that works with existing backup applications and enables faster and more reliable backups and restores. Customers report that backup time is reduced by 30 to 90 percent over traditional tape backup. ExaGrid’s patented byte-level data deduplication technology and most recent backup compression reduces the amount of disk space needed by a range of 10:1 to as high as 50:1 or more, resulting in a cost comparable to traditional tape-based backup.
About ExaGrid Systems, Inc.:
ExaGrid offers the only disk-based backup appliance with data deduplication purpose-built for backup that leverages a unique architecture optimized for performance, scalability and price. The combination of post-process deduplication, most recent backup cache, and GRID scalability enables IT departments to achieve the shortest backup window and the fastest, most reliable restores, tape copy, and disaster recovery without backup window expansion or forklift upgrades as data grows. With offices and distribution worldwide, ExaGrid has more than 5,000 systems installed at more than 1,500 customers, and more than 300 published customer success stories.
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.