IBM’s Validation of ExaGrid’s TSM Integration Offers Customers Enhanced Support for Scalable and Cost-effective Disk Backup and Restores
Westborough, Mass. – Dec. 21, 2011 — ExaGrid Systems, Inc., the leader in cost-effective, scalable disk-based backup solutions with data deduplication, today announced it has been awarded Ready for IBM Tivoli support certification. In order to achieve Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) certification, IBM Tivoli testing teams have validated that ExaGrid’s EX Series appliances are seamlessly integrated and fully compatible to work with the Tivoli storage management software.
The achievement of Ready for IBM Tivoli software validation shows IBM customers looking for a disk backup solution in their TSM environment that the ExaGrid solution meets or exceeds IBM compatibility criteria. ExaGrid is now included in the IBM Global Solutions Directory and the Integrated Service Management Library (ISM).
Earlier this quarter, ExaGrid announced support for IBM TSM. The combination of the popular backup application and ExaGrid’s disk backup with deduplication offers additional reduction of up to 10:1 in the amount of backup data beyond that offered by IBM TSM’s incremental forever methodology. ExaGrid’s support for IBM TSM significantly reduces customer’s dependence on tape and also allows IT users to free up expensive disk previously used for backup that can be used for primary storage. In addition, IBM TSM customers will benefit from ExaGrid’s GRID scalability to maintain the fastest backup performance over time as data grows with no costly forklift upgrades.
- Marc Crespi, VP of product management for ExaGrid: “We are excited to have achieved Ready for Tivoli certification from IBM. Our approach brings unique value to TSM users in enabling them to manage backups more efficiently, reclaim expensive disk for primary storage, and cost-effectively scale to support data growth. With this certification, we look forward to bringing ExaGrid’s award-winning disk backup with deduplication capabilities to IBM Tivoli Storage Manager customers.”
- Jeff Harvey, Vice President of Business Development, S1 IT Solutions: “Our customers using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager have been eager to take advantage of ExaGrid’s industry-leading scalability, performance and price. End users of TSM and ExaGrid can now eliminate the management hassles of tape and gain much greater backup efficiency. TSM has double-digit market share, and we’re already seeing customers excited about this solution. We see great potential in our customer base for the ExaGrid/TSM solution.”
Important Features and Benefits of the ExaGrid EX Series Appliance
ExaGrid’s unique approach to disk-based backup delivers unparalleled performance and scalability without requiring costly forklift upgrades as data grows. ExaGrid customers achieve the fastest backup times because data is written directly to disk and deduplication is performed post-process after the data is stored, and most importantly because ExaGrid adds full servers which include processor, memory, disk and bandwidth versus just adding disk. This unique approach ensures that the backup window does not re-explode as it would with other approaches. In addition, ExaGrid’s GRID scalability enables organizations to store up to a 130TB full backup plus retention.
IBM TSM joins a growing list of leading backup applications and utilities supported by the ExaGrid disk-based backup appliance. ExaGrid’s disk backup system with data deduplication supports the industry’s leading backup applications and utilities, including CA ARCserve, CommVault Simpana, EMC NetWorker, HP Data Protector, Idera SQLsafe, Linux/Unix File System Data Dumps, LiteSpeed for SQL Server, Microsoft SQL dump, Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), Quest vRanger, Red Gate SQL Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec NetBackup, Veeam Backup & Replication, and VMware Backup.
- ExaGrid’s Customer Success Stories
- Video Testimonials from ExaGrid Customers
- ExaGrid YouTube Channel
- ExaGrid on LinkedIn
- ExaGrid’s Eye on Deduplication blog
- Twitter newsfeed – @ExaGrid
About ExaGrid Systems, Inc.:
ExaGrid offers the only disk-based backup appliance with data deduplication purpose-built for backup that leverages a unique architecture optimized for performance, scalability and price. The combination of post-process deduplication, most recent backup cache, and GRID scalability enables IT departments to achieve the shortest backup window and the fastest, most reliable restores, tape copy, and disaster recovery without performance degradation or forklift upgrades as data grows. With offices and distribution worldwide, ExaGrid has more than 3,800 systems installed, more than 1,100 customers, and 260 published customer success stories and video testimonials.
# # #
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.