ExaGrid Wins Top Vendor Designation in the Disk Backup Market from Global Research Leader
- As a Disk Backup Champion, ExaGrid received the highest rating for its exceptional product architecture and overall vendor score highlighting the company’s ‘exemplary’ strategy and strong viability, reach and channel.
- ExaGrid received a high Value Score of 81 points in the Disk Backup Vendor Landscape for its business strength compared to its low cost.
Westborough, Mass., November 15, 2011 – ExaGrid® Systems, Inc. (www.exagrid.com), the leader in cost-effective, scalable disk-based backup solutions with data deduplication, today announced that the company was named Champion in Info-Tech Research Group’s Disk Backup Vendor Landscape. The report designates ExaGrid as an industry leading vendor for mid-sized organizations.
According to Info-Tech Research Group’s report, ExaGrid was rated as ‘exemplary’ for providing excellent value to customers, having a strong market presence and being an acknowledged industry trend-setter. ExaGrid was recognized for having the product’s “unique GRID structure that allows customers to add capacity when needed instead of making large upfront investments. ExaGrid has achieved excellent rates of customer satisfaction for maintaining fast backup times as data grows.”
Bill Andrews, President and CEO of ExaGrid Systems: “Over the past year ExaGrid has been honored with significant industry recognition—including a #1 Best-in-Class rating from DCIG for midrange deduplication appliances and world-class Net Promoter product and customer support ratings—and today we’re pleased to be named a Champion by Info-Tech Research Group. ExaGrid’s superior performance and cost-effective scalability prevent the problem of backup windows exploding as data grows, and we are very pleased to see that Info-Tech’s research validated the exemplary value ExaGrid delivers to our customers.”
Chris O’Connor, Research Analyst of Info-Tech Research Group: “Even as the youngest company in the landscape, ExaGrid has differentiated itself with a unique product offering that brings a scalable storage grid approach to backup. The cost-effectiveness of the ExaGrid appliance, excellent customer satisfaction, and high scalability make ExaGrid a safe choice for organizations of all sizes.”
Benefits of Deploying ExaGrid Disk Backup with Deduplication
ExaGrid backup systems are designed to meet the needs of companies backing up between 1TB and 130TB of data in a single system. ExaGrid’s unique approach to disk-based backup delivers all the performance, reliability and security benefits of backing up to disk, at a cost that rivals the price of tape.
ExaGrid’s unique approach to disk-based backup delivers unparalleled performance and scalability without requiring costly forklift upgrades as data grows. ExaGrid customers achieve the fastest backup times because data is written directly to disk, data deduplication is performed post-process after the data is stored but most importantly ExaGrid adds full servers which include processor, memory, disk and bandwidth versus just adding disk. This unique approach ensures that the backup window does not re-explode as it would with other approaches. In addition, ExaGrid’s GRID scalability enables organizations to store up to a 130TB full backup plus retention. Performance scales with data growth since processing power, memory and bandwidth are added along with storage capacity, and data loads are automatically balanced across all servers.
- Storage Efficiency: ExaGrid reduces the amount of disk storage needed to protect data by 10:1 to 50:1 (average of 20:1) via zone-level data deduplication.
- Shorter Backup Windows: Customers report a 30 to 90 percent reduction in backup time with ExaGrid’s post-process deduplication, allowing the backups to write directly to disk and deferring the compute-intensive work until after the backup has landed.
- Faster Restore Times: ExaGrid customers typically restore files within a matter of minutes, and ExaGrid enables the fastest restore and offsite tape copy by keeping a full copy of the last backup in a complete form.
- Unparalleled Scalability: The ability to easily add full appliances in a GRID-based architecture eliminates the forklift upgrades necessary with competitive systems that rely on a single controller architecture.
- Most Cost-Effective Deployments: ExaGrid provides the highest performance midrange backup appliances available at the very best prices in the industry.
- Less Time Spent on Backup, More Time for Other Critical IT Areas: ExaGrid works with industry-leading backup applications, is easy to install and frees up IT time with automated reports and a unified management console.
About Info-Tech Research Group
With a paid membership of over 8,000 organizations worldwide, Info-Tech Research Group (www.infotech.com) is the global leader in providing tactical, practical Information Technology research and analysis. Info-Tech Research Group has a thirteen-year history of delivering quality research and is one of North America’s fastest growing full-service IT analyst firms.
About ExaGrid Systems, Inc.
ExaGrid offers the only disk-based backup appliance with data deduplication purpose-built for backup that leverages a unique architecture optimized for performance, scalability and price. The combination of post-process deduplication, most recent backup cache, and GRID scalability enables IT departments to achieve the shortest backup window and the fastest, most reliable restores, tape copy, and disaster recovery without performance degradation or forklift upgrades as data grows. With offices and distribution worldwide, ExaGrid has more than 3,800 systems installed, more than 1,100 customers, and 260 published customer success stories and video testimonials.
• ExaGrid’s Customer Success Stories
• Video Testimonials from ExaGrid Customers
• ExaGrid YouTube Channel
• ExaGrid on LinkedIn
• ExaGrid’s Eye on Deduplication blog
• Twitter newsfeed – @ExaGrid
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.