Company grows sales in Q2 2012 and continues expanding base of customers with larger primary data backup sizes
Westborough, Mass., July 11, 2012 – ExaGrid Systems, Inc. (http://development.exagrid.com), the leader in scalable and cost-effective disk-based backup solutions with data deduplication, today announced record bookings and revenue in Q2 2012, further strengthening its leadership position for GRID-scalable disk backup with deduplication systems in the mid-market and small enterprise.
Along with strong sales growth, the company continued to execute in a variety of important areas during the quarter. Key achievements in Q2 2012 include the following:
- Expanding Global Customer Base: ExaGrid further gained worldwide market share.
- With more than 4,500 systems installed worldwide, ExaGrid has grown its customer base to more than 1,400 customers in North America, EMEA, and the Asia-Pacific region.
- ExaGrid further extended its position as the vendor with the largest installed base of GRID-scalable disk backup with data deduplication appliances in the mid-market and small enterprise.
- Over 50 percent of ExaGrid’s new customers have eliminated tape and are replicating their data to an ExaGrid appliance at an offsite location for disaster recovery.
- An industry record 300 ExaGrid Customer Success Stories and video testimonials describing customer experiences with ExaGrid are published on the company’s website, including new case studies from leaders such as Aeroflex, Bollinger Insurance, Maine State Legislature, Mount Sinai Medical Center, and Tanger Factory Outlets
- Growth in Small Enterprise: ExaGrid has continued to grow its base of customers that require the backup of large amounts of primary data.
- ExaGrid grew its base of small enterprise customers with large amounts of backup data in industries including healthcare, manufacturing, telecommunications and local government. The company continues to increase the number of customers that require over 100TB of primary data to be backed up.
- The GRID architecture of ExaGrid’s disk backup with deduplication solution allows the system to scale up to 130TB for a full backup in a single system without forklift upgrades or product obsolescence. Customers can easily expand capacity by adding full servers to the grid, maintaining consistently short backup windows with no backup window expansion as data grows. The largest ExaGrid configuration supports a total backup data capacity of up to 2 petabytes of data.
- New Product Capabilities: In Q2, ExaGrid announced that it has extended its world-class security capabilities by introducing a new SecureErase feature.
- The new SecureErase feature permanently and safely deletes confidential data from disk following the backup process. Fully compliant with Department of Defense standard (DoD 5220-22-M) and National Institute of Standards and Technology standard (NIST SP800-88), the new feature ensures that organizations with the most demanding security requirements can comply when required to remove backup data from ExaGrid’s disk-based backup appliance.
- Global Channel Growth: ExaGrid delivered 95 percent of the company’s business through channel partners and continues to add new partnerships to the company’s network of nearly 500 VARS around the world.
- As a result of strong international channel sales efforts, ExaGrid has continued to expand its customer base in the EMEA region and has also seen growing sales in the Asia Pacific market. ExaGrid’s EMEA position was strengthened with the announcement of Paramount Computer Systems as a partner for the Middle East market.
- Industry Recognition and Leadership: ExaGrid was recognized by Storage Magazine for the third consecutive year at the Storage Awards in London.
- ExaGrid received the ‘Value for Money’ product of the year award for industry-leading price/performance at the annual ceremony and also was shortlisted for the ‘Lab Tested’ product of the year. Winners were determined by a public vote.
- Strengthened Industry Partnerships: ExaGrid announced major customer wins with Veeam Software and further expanded the company’s partnership with Veeam to improve the recoverability of virtual machines (VMs). The integrated solution, which pairs Veeam’s industry-leading Backup & Replication™ and ExaGrid′s unique landing zone architecture, provides fast backups, efficient data storage and retrieval, and the ability to instantly recover and run a VM directly from the ExaGrid appliance.
- Bill Andrews, president and CEO for ExaGrid Systems: “Our record quarter, product advancements, channel expansion and industry recognition helped further establish ExaGrid’s leadership for GRID-scalable systems in the mid-market to small enterprise,” said Bill Andrews, president and CEO of ExaGrid Systems. “We continue to see a substantial number of customers choosing ExaGrid based on superior backup and restore performance, cost-effective scalability as data grows and customer support. More and more customers with larger data size backups and high data growth rates are seeing the compelling value of our disk-based systems that deliver the fastest backups and restores, avoid backup window explosion as data grows and protect the IT budget with the lowest total system cost over time.”
About ExaGrid’s Technology:
The ExaGrid system is a plug-and-play disk backup appliance that works with existing backup applications and enables faster and more reliable backups and restores. Customers report that backup time is reduced by 30 to 90 percent over traditional tape backup. ExaGrid’s patented byte-level data deduplication technology and most recent backup compression reduces the amount of disk space needed by a range of 10:1 to as high as 50:1 or more, resulting in a cost comparable to traditional tape-based backup.
About ExaGrid Systems, Inc.:
ExaGrid offers the only disk-based backup appliance with data deduplication purpose-built for backup that leverages a unique architecture optimized for performance, scalability and price. The combination of post-process deduplication, most recent backup cache, and GRID scalability enables IT departments to achieve the shortest backup window and the fastest, most reliable restores, tape copy, and disaster recovery without backup window expansion or forklift upgrades as data grows. With offices and distribution worldwide, ExaGrid has more than 4,500 systems installed at more than 1,400 customers, and more than 300 published customer success stories.
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.