Location: Marlborough, MA
ExaGrid has an opening for a senior lab technician who will report to the current Lab Manager. The successful candidate will be technically savvy, energetic and a proven team player who enjoys the challenge of working on a variety of tasks in a mixed systems environment.
The basic skills required for this position include the ability to:
- Assemble ‘kit-based’ client and server hardware
- Install rack-based 2U, 3U and 4U systems (usually done as part of a team)
- Install and configure base OS’s for Windows and Linux desktops and servers
- Install and configure virtual servers (requires prior experience with at least one of the following virtual server types: VMware, Windows Hyper-V, Virtual Box or KVM.
- Install and configure basic IP network components including NICs, switches, etc.
- Upgrade internal system components such as CPUs, memory, hard drives, cables, etc.
- Perform upgrades as needed for switch firmware, system bios, pc cards, etc.
- Perform troubleshooting and maintenance for the above; monitor and ensure the smooth flow of data across the networks
- Document new processes
- Track inventory in assets database
Skills/Abilities in the following areas are a plus:
- Windows Active Directory: Users, Groups, Domains, etc.
- Windows network administration: DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Linux network configuration: Interfaces, gateways, etc.
For immediate consideration, please apply online: email resume.
Applications received by postal mail or fax will NOT be accepted
PLEASE…No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants